Is this subject available for acceleration? YES
In this subject students develop an understanding of the Systems Engineering Process and the range of factors that influence the design, planning, production, evaluation and use of a system.
Students develop skills in the safe use of tools, measuring equipment, materials, machines and processes to make mechanical and electronic systems.
This link shows a selection of jobs that have some relation to the subject of: Systems Engineering
Unit 1 – Mechanical systems
- Learn about mechanical systems
- Design, plan, produce and evaluate a mechanical system
Unit 2 – Electrotechnological systems
- Learn about electrotechnological systems
- Design, plan, produce and evaluate an electrotechnological system
Unit 3 – Integrated and controlled systems
- Design, plan and commence production of a mechanical and electrotechnological system
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of renewable and non-renewable energy
Unit 4 – Systems control
- Finalise, document, test and evaluate their finished project
- Evaluate a range of new and emerging technologies
Systems Engineering is considered a folio subject for selection purposes.
Unit 1&2 – A $80 materials charge is attached to this subject
Unit 3&4 – A $20 materials charge is attached to this subject