Is this subject available for acceleration? YES
Throughout this study, students investigate health and human development in Australian and global communities. The factors that influence both health and human development in a variety of population groups are examined.
This link shows a selection of jobs that have some relation to the subject of: Health & Human Development
Unit 1 – Understanding Health and Wellbeing
- Learn about indicators that are used to measure health.
- Look at a range of factors that influence health and use these to explain differences in the health of population groups within Australia.
- Explore food and nutrition and their importance for good health and wellbeing
- Identify major health issues affecting Australia’s youth and reflect on the causes of health inequalities
- Learn about how governments and organisations develop and implement youth health programs
Unit 2 – Managing health and development
- Investigate physical and social changes that occur in the transition from youth to adulthood
- Consider the characteristics of respectful relationships
- Investigate factors that contribute to health and development during the prenatal, infancy and early childhood lifespan stages
- Learn how to access Australia’s health system and how it promotes health and wellbeing
Unit 3 – Australia’s Health in a Globalised World
- Learn about the health of Australians
- Look at different approaches to public health
- Investigate the role of Australia’s health system and its role in promoting health
- Investigate a successful health promotion campaign
Unit 4 – Health and human development in a global context
- Look at similarities and differences in major causes of illness in low, middle and high income countries
- Investigate a range of factors that contribute to health inequalities
- Consider the global reach of product marketing
- Investigate global trends in health and wellbeing
- Learn about the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and the work of the World Health Organisation
- Investigate the role of government and non-government organisations in providing foreign aid
- Apply indicators used to measure health
- Describe, analyse and explain a range of influences on health
- Analyse and draw conclusions from health related data and information
- Physical Education
- Food Technology
Students selecting Unit 1 and/or 2 Health and Human Development have the opportunity to participate in the “Baby Think it Over” parenting simulation designed to help understand the demands of caring for an infant.