Is this subject available for acceleration? YES
Studio Art – Art is a folio subject that encourages creative potential and quality art work. Students develop an understanding of what a studio process is, on their journey to producing art work based on individual visual language through their own choice of medium, be that sculpture, textiles, painting, drawing, printing etc.
This link shows a selection of jobs that have some relation to the subject of: Studio Arts (Art)
Unit 1 – Studio Inspiration and Techniques
- Identify sources of inspiration, artistic influences and aesthetic qualities.
- Studio Practice – explores a range of materials and techniques. Experiment with visual effects producing at least one finished art work.
- Discuss the way artists from different times and cultures interpreted ideas and inspiration.
Unit 2 – Studio Exploration and Concepts
- Develop an individual Studio Process based on visual research and enquiry, beginning with an exploration proposal and ending with at least one art work.
- Compare a range of historical and contemporary artists from different times and cultures.
Unit 3 – Studio Practices and Processes
- Exploration proposal focusing on a framework for the development of themes and potential directions.
- Studio Process includes refining ideas, materials and techniques and aesthetic qualities.
- Artists and Studio Practices investigates the way artists interpret subject matter, aesthetic qualities, message and meaning and historical and cultural influences.
Unit 4 – Studio production and art industry contexts
- Refinement and presentation of finished art works reflecting the Unit 3 process.
- Visual and written documentation reflects the students’ progress in folio format.
- Art Industry Contexts investigates established galleries with regards to environmental conditions and requirements where art works are displayed.
- Analysis of contemporary art practices
- Understanding of artists’ materials, techniques, and processes
- Study of artworks from diverse historical and cultural contexts
- Investigation of artists’ sources of inspiration and aesthetic qualities
- Refinement of critical thinking skills
- Visual Communication Design
- Materials and Systems
Studio Art – Art is considered a folio subject for selection purposes.
Students may only choose one (1) Studio Art subject
Unit 1&2 – A $30 charge is attached to this subject
Unit 3&4 – A $30 charge is attached to this subject