Is this subject available for acceleration? YES
Students create and build a dedicated photographic portfolio resulting in the creation of final pieces. They will apply theoretical knowledge regarding a range of photo media artists and use photographic equipment to explore and develop a range of techniques. Students also study the art industry by attending a series of gallery inspired excursions.
This link shows a selection of jobs that have some relation to the subject of: Studio Arts (Photography)
Unit 1: Folio Projects & Techniques
- Students undertake a series of photographic projects.
- Students explore a variety of camera techniques in order to expand on their photographic skill set.
- Theory-based assessment comprises of written work surrounding artists from different time periods, as well as the rights of artists.
Unit 2: Exploration of Individual theme & One Artwork
- Students explore their own photographic theme. They will collect artistic influences and develop individual ideas.
- Students will expand on their camera/Photoshop skills obtained in Unit 1.
Unit 3: Folio Exploration & Art Practice
- Students develop and define an area of creative exploration.
- Students plan and apply a studio process to develop individual ideas.
- Theory work includes an analysis surrounding artist’s work from different historical and cultural periods.
- Students will visit galleries in order to further enhance their art industry knowledge.
Unit 4: Folio of Finished Artworks & Art Industry (Compulsory Gallery Visit)
- Students refine and resolve their individual themes by creating and presenting photographic pieces.
- Students evaluate the relationships between each piece.
- Analysing a range of photographic works
- Producing photographic works
- Examining artworks in a gallery setting
- Manipulating images via Photoshop
- Year 9 Digital Media
- Year 10 Media
- Year 10 Photography
Students may only choose one (1) Studio Art subject
“Studio Art – Photography” is considered a folio subject for selection purposes.
Unit 1&2 – A $150 materials charge is attached to this subject
Unit 3&4 – A $190 materials charge is attached to this subject